Saturn Vue No Power

Discussion in 'Saturn VUE' started by MDB, Jun 24, 2017.

1. MDB

MDB

Hello Everyone. 2002 Saturn Vue AWD 3.0. I replaced a faulty thermostat. While I had it tore apart, I replaced the sparkplugs, ignition coils, and went ahead and replaced the fuel filter as well. Used all new gaskets on the Intake and lower plenum. I also removed the top of the intake to take a look at everything. Ever since doing this, the car has absolutely no power, and sounds like a wide open four-barrel carb when giving anything other than slight throttle. Sounds as if the car is getting way too much air into the engine. I could not find any vacuum leaks. My only thought is that the flappers in the intake are not operating as they should, and are staying open. It must be something that I did, because everything worked fine, before the repair work. I know there is a vacuum line that splits into two, and goes to the flapper actuators. Does this vacuum line always have vacuum on it? I don't have any vacuum to it, at idle or throttle when in park. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank You

MDB, Jun 24, 2017
Ask a Question