Saturn vue 2.2 engine with cvt transmission

Discussion in 'Saturn VUE' started by Elio, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Elio

Elio

Hi to all saturn vue 2004 with a 2.2 engine and a cvt transmission. I would like to speak to all about Ihow I maintain My saturn vue. I regularly change my engine oil every 5.000 miles. And I always change my transmission oil every 30.000 miles. I only use synthetic engine oil. And I use only lucas cvt synthetic transmission oil. Lucas transmission fluid is made for my saturn the rear of the bottle says General Motors DEX cvt. First I'm not a mechanic. But I do have a a outstanding mechanic. For over 25 years. And I trust him. First you have to understand that cvt transmission are very delicate. So you should change your transmission oil often. You Should not wait for 60.000 miles or 100.000 miles to change your transmission fluid. Because in reality there is no such oil that will last that long. So please use common sense. Because a few hundred dollars to change your transmission fluid. It's worth the money. That is if you like spending 4000 to 5000. For a transmission. because you have decided to change your transmission fluid every 60.000 miles or every 100.000 miles. I have 96.000 miles on my saturn vue and have no problems no slippage or griding. My transmission runs extremely smooth. I have read that some saturn vue owners. Are complaining of cvt problems. And some have said they have never changed there transmission fluids. I have a picture of lucas cvt bottlei hope this helps. 613OLkOnf0L._AC_SY550_.jpg 81UjxhpFi7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg 613OLkOnf0L._AC_SY550_.jpg 81UjxhpFi7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Elio, Apr 29, 2022
Ask a Question