Red light in interior fuse panel and whinny noise on passenger front??

Discussion in 'Saturn S-series' started by Matthew Connelly, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Matthew Connelly

Matthew Connelly

I have a 1995 SL1 with 182,000 miles. Recently my radio shut off. I'm not good with wiring or electronics so I figured I would wait until I was willing to shell out the cash to have someone fix it. Then, my wife noticed that there is a red light shining out from behind the fuse panel door. I'm not sure if one has to do with the other. But, I lost my owners manual so I have no diagram to show me what the warning light indicates. If anyone can tell me that would be great.

Next, I also have a whining noise coming from the front passenger side. Steering column? Power steering (the levels are fine)? any thoughts would be awesome. I really appreciate anyone's help. Thanks!

Matthew Connelly, Jan 13, 2018
  2. Matthew Connelly

lounsbmw

Some newer fuses have a led indicator built in them that light up when they are blown. If you take the fuse panel cover off, see it the red light is coming directly from a fuse. If so, then that fuse is blown and probably is the one to the radio.

lounsbmw, Jan 18, 2018
  3. Matthew Connelly

mconnelly

Thanks. Yeah I realized that it was a blown fuse. It was actually the Chime fuse but, I did find the radio fuse and replaced it. 2 Birds/1stone.

mconnelly, Jan 21, 2018
Ask a Question