Project Vue

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by VueX, Feb 1, 2020.

1. VueX

VueX

Greetings All

I've purchased a 2005 Saturn Vue AWD to use as a second family carf or our new home in pacific northwest. Wanted AWD for occasional rainy or icy roads and liked Saturns use of Honda Pilot powertrain. I also intend to use it for project hauler for household and landscaping projects in addition to getting wife and I to trailheads and campgrounds (no offroading).

Like most used cars, it has some issues, struts and steering column seem pretty suspect and check engine light to intermittent misfire were all known problems at purchase (and uncovered in internet search before hand)

First question I hope to research here is just how much of the powertrain is Honda. From Wikipedia, ive read the engine and transmission is Honda, but how about the actual driveline and axles?

Saw some discussion about upgrading to Dodge rotors for more stopping power and when I was looking for new rims, some Toyota and Dodge models had the same lug pattern, so suspect wheel and brakes were outsourced by Saturn also.

Anyone have tips or warnings regarding struts? I'll probably stay stock, "maybe" a very slight lift some time in future. I got carried away on lifting a Jeep Cherokee as my previous vehicle, fun but been there done that and changing geometries not inn the plans for this.

Same question on steering column noise, will need to address the left turn lever not returning when I have that opened up

Thanks in advance!

VueX.jpg

VueX, Feb 1, 2020
Ask a Question