Lw200 suddenly dies while driving. But...

Discussion in 'Saturn L-series' started by myblk928, Jul 19, 2022.

1. myblk928

myblk928

I recently bought a 2002 Lw200. It had been running great but the last couple days the engine been suddenly dying while driving and won't restart. Here is where it gets weird. I can hear the fuel pump kick on and run for a couple seconds then shut off (I believe this is normal). So out of desperation I banged on the bottom of the gas tank and it still wouldn't start. I felt it wasn't getting any fuel so I banged on the fuel filter and it fired right up and drove normally all the way home. So the next day I bought a new fuel filter and it did it again. I bang on the fuel filter again and it fires right up. The next couple days I've driven it and it will suddenly die and I hit the fuel filter and it fires up and I continue on my way. I'm totally stumped on this and I'm looking for info. **On a side note I go to drive yesterday and my driver's seat is reclined all the way back and none of the seat buttons work. I've checked the fuse and it's good. I don't think this is related but I thought I'd add that.

myblk928, Jul 19, 2022
Ask a Question