Just picked up a 2000 LW2, Anything I need to know?

Discussion in 'Saturn L-series' started by ZJMAX, Sep 18, 2014.

1. ZJMAX

ZJMAX

OK well as the title says I just picked up a 2000 LW2 V6 3.0 Auto Saturn Station Wagon. 1 owner 62,000 Miles on her. In the last year+ the old owners (as in previous owners and age wise lol) only put 2,000 miles on it (saw an old oil change sticker on the floor). Is there anything I should look for as far as problem areas or common issues these tend to have? I will be doing a lot of reading up on old & current threads on here in the next few weeks as I like to know as much as I can about the cars I drive. So other than that My name is Max and I'll be hanging out around here from now on. I like to contribute as much as I can as far as mechanical info and advice as I am a service tech by trade (mainly working on RWD vehicles).

Thanks in advance!
    Max

ZJMAX, Sep 18, 2014
  2. ZJMAX

delamite

Hi Max,

new to forums this is only my second post !! I picked up a low mileage LW1 and love it. Daily driver. The front struts on mine are quite new, but make terrible noise. There seems to be some conjecture about the aftermarket struts being installed that creates this noise. I never really found a definitive answer, and am not concerned as the car drives correctly and showing no sign of improper tire wear.

Also, this year was a transeuro model, that shared many parts with Fiat? Or some other model cannot remember. This year parts do not interchange much, so be careful buying parts as it is confused often with the 2001 and up years.

delamite, Jul 9, 2017
Ask a Question