Another Front Bumper Question

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Richard, Feb 14, 2005.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    While parking my 98 SL manual in a lot, pointing downward, I drove the front
    end over the a, which made a loud scraping sound. I then backed up, which
    made even more noise.

    Now the front bumper on the passenger side is hanging about 1" off from
    where it meets the body, and inside the wheel well, facing front, it is
    broken apart horizontally, all the way across, about midway down. The bumper
    itself, what you see when facing the front of the car, is intact. It seems
    to just be the connection that is broken, but I'm not able to push it back
    in place.

    How many parts are involved here, what are they called? I can't find
    anything that seems to relate in either the Chilton's or Haynes. Looking for
    parts, I've seen thing called Bumper Assembly, Bumper Guard, Bumper
    Reinforcement. Which of these is it, and what is that part inside the wheel

    Thanks all.
    Richard, Feb 14, 2005
Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.