98 sl2 idles fine but acts like it loses power when driving down the road

Discussion in 'Saturn S-series' started by colby morgan, Oct 15, 2017.

1. colby morgan

colby morgan

I changed the fuel pump the filters are good and I unplugged the 1st o2 sensor to by pass the cadalitic converter incase it was stopped up the car idles fine the rpms are a tad low though. when going down the road it will drive for a few miles b ut when you get to 45 or 50 miles an hour and ride it wants to cut out like its not getting gas when you mash the gas peddle it acts like it dosent want to go it don't overheart or leak water there are no codes. I work at a body shop so I used the right code scanner. totally don't know what to do withit could it be the the egr valve gone bad or maybe a leak in the vacume hose? its got a lot of miles on it and I figured it was the converter getting stopped up and not letting the water cool because every once in a while if you keep running it the water will get hot and it will start to over heat not sure if its an exhaust problem or what please help I really don't want to sell it so anything will help thanks

colby morgan, Oct 15, 2017
  2. colby morgan

Jsum1211

Im having the almost exact same problem with my 98 saturn sl2. I have tried a new fuel filter so far but because im very limited on money i cant afford to buy parts for no reason. I plan to bypass the cat soon.

Jsum1211, May 27, 2019
  3. colby morgan

Parts

Codes ? Check with code reader, free to have it read at Auto Zone, Checker etc. Parts swapping is expensive and time consuming. Get diagnostic code read and free.

Parts, Jul 7, 2019
Ask a Question