97 SC2 Keyless Entry

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by MM983, Mar 7, 2004.

1. MM983

MM983 Guest

It seems that my keyless entry system isn't working correctly. The lock, panic, and trunk buttons are working fine, the the unlock isn't. I looked at the manual, and there seems to be two relays for the lock and unlock feature. Is this the correct thing I should be looking for? I assumed it was because there is a relay for each one.

My second question is, do these relays come out? And if so, how? I have never had to do this, so i'm being very careful on what I do. These relays are located on the passenger side, where their left leg would be. Thanks.

MM983, Mar 7, 2004
  2. ....did it stop working abruptly or has been working increasingly poor over
    time?

I've taken the fob apart and cleaned the contacts with contact cleaner, then
    re-synced to the car to get better results. At some point a new fob is
    needed.

panic, and trunk buttons are working fine, the the unlock isn't. I looked at
    the manual, and there seems to be two relays for the lock and unlock
    feature. Is this the correct thing I should be looking for? I assumed it was
    because there is a relay for each one.
    never had to do this, so i'm being very careful on what I do. These relays
    are located on the passenger side, where their left leg would be. Thanks.

Jonnie Santos, Mar 7, 2004
Ask a Question