Saturn Forums

Saturn Forums (http://www.thesaturnforums.com/)
-   Saturn VUE (http://www.thesaturnforums.com/saturn-vue/)
-   -   Vue instrument cluster (http://www.thesaturnforums.com/saturn-vue/2011-vue-instrument-cluster.html)

Leicaman 12-05-2004 06:41 AM

Vue instrument cluster
 
I have looked over the Vue and I tell you what, they really screwed
themselves when they put that instrument pod in the center. I for one will
not be going for my third Saturn ('93 SL2 and '99 SL2) this year. What on
earth were they thinking. I know that there are several other cars that
have this feature, but I need my speedometer just where it sits on my SL2
cars. No wonder why their sales are down.

gck



Bill Davis 12-05-2004 04:02 PM

Re: Vue instrument cluster
 
"Leicaman" <leicaman@charter.net> wrote:

>I have looked over the Vue and I tell you what, they really screwed
>themselves when they put that instrument pod in the center. I for one will
>not be going for my third Saturn ('93 SL2 and '99 SL2) this year. What on
>earth were they thinking. I know that there are several other cars that
>have this feature, but I need my speedometer just where it sits on my SL2
>cars. No wonder why their sales are down.
>
>gck
>

Vue? ... you certain you mean the Vue? As far as I know, the Vue
doesn't have a center instrument panel:
http://www.saturn.com/saturn/gallery...=0&starthere=7

The ION on the other hand, does have a center mounted instrument
cluster:
http://www.saturn.com/saturn/gallery...20&starthere=0

I originally had the same concerns. However after a long test drive
(30 plus miles, the salesperson needed to briefly attend to another
customer and told me to take my time :o) ), I found that it was very
easy to adapt to. Having bought the car, now after only 350 miles,
it's second nature and I don't even think about it. In fact I rather
like it there as it tends to give the driver's area a more roomy
feeling.

Bill Davis
(1993 SL2, 2005 ION2)

Gary Kirchherr 12-05-2004 04:11 PM

Re: Vue instrument cluster
 
In article <H4ysd.4829$zR5.1763@fe04.lga>,
"Leicaman" <leicaman@charter.net> wrote:

> I have looked over the Vue and I tell you what, they really screwed
> themselves when they put that instrument pod in the center. I for one will
> not be going for my third Saturn ('93 SL2 and '99 SL2) this year. What on
> earth were they thinking. I know that there are several other cars that
> have this feature, but I need my speedometer just where it sits on my SL2
> cars. No wonder why their sales are down.
>
> gck


You mean the Ion coupe, right? I do agree with your premise though.
After 30 years of looking for the speedometer and tachometer in one
place, I don't think I could ever get used to looking to the right to
see how fast I'm going. The Ion is definitely off my wish list until the
instrument pod goes back where it belongs.

john 12-05-2004 07:15 PM

Re: Vue instrument cluster
 
2004 Ion owner. Took just a few miles to get used to the center placement.
Like it now, speedometer never blocked by steering wheel position
"Gary Kirchherr" <look@me.now> wrote in message
news:look-11AEA6.11112705122004@news.velocity.net...
> In article <H4ysd.4829$zR5.1763@fe04.lga>,
> "Leicaman" <leicaman@charter.net> wrote:
>
>> I have looked over the Vue and I tell you what, they really screwed
>> themselves when they put that instrument pod in the center. I for one
>> will
>> not be going for my third Saturn ('93 SL2 and '99 SL2) this year. What
>> on
>> earth were they thinking. I know that there are several other cars that
>> have this feature, but I need my speedometer just where it sits on my SL2
>> cars. No wonder why their sales are down.
>>
>> gck

>
> You mean the Ion coupe, right? I do agree with your premise though.
> After 30 years of looking for the speedometer and tachometer in one
> place, I don't think I could ever get used to looking to the right to
> see how fast I'm going. The Ion is definitely off my wish list until the
> instrument pod goes back where it belongs.





Rev Turd Fredericks 12-07-2004 04:39 AM

Re: Vue instrument cluster
 
On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 09:02:20 -0700, Bill Davis <> wrote:

>"Leicaman" <leicaman@charter.net> wrote:
>
>>I have looked over the Vue and I tell you what, they really screwed
>>themselves when they put that instrument pod in the center. I for one will
>>not be going for my third Saturn ('93 SL2 and '99 SL2) this year. What on
>>earth were they thinking. I know that there are several other cars that
>>have this feature, but I need my speedometer just where it sits on my SL2
>>cars. No wonder why their sales are down.
>>
>>gck
>>

>Vue? ... you certain you mean the Vue? As far as I know, the Vue
>doesn't have a center instrument panel:
>http://www.saturn.com/saturn/gallery...=0&starthere=7
>
>The ION on the other hand, does have a center mounted instrument
>cluster:
>http://www.saturn.com/saturn/gallery...20&starthere=0
>
>I originally had the same concerns. However after a long test drive
>(30 plus miles, the salesperson needed to briefly attend to another
>customer and told me to take my time :o) ), I found that it was very
>easy to adapt to. Having bought the car, now after only 350 miles,
>it's second nature and I don't even think about it. In fact I rather
>like it there as it tends to give the driver's area a more roomy
>feeling.
>

I agree. In the ION, the center cluster just "feels right". It makes
the small car feel roomy.

Leicaman 01-01-2005 11:18 PM

Re: Vue instrument cluster
 
I meant ION. Its hard getting used to those names. I still didn't buy
one. I bought a passat instead, but I am keeping my trusty '99 Saturn SL2
as a my work car.

gk

"john" <hudson75@knology.net> wrote in message
news:W6Jsd.3594$Yq6.368@fe40.usenetserver.com...
> 2004 Ion owner. Took just a few miles to get used to the center placement.
> Like it now, speedometer never blocked by steering wheel position
> "Gary Kirchherr" <look@me.now> wrote in message
> news:look-11AEA6.11112705122004@news.velocity.net...
>> In article <H4ysd.4829$zR5.1763@fe04.lga>,
>> "Leicaman" <leicaman@charter.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I have looked over the Vue and I tell you what, they really screwed
>>> themselves when they put that instrument pod in the center. I for one
>>> will
>>> not be going for my third Saturn ('93 SL2 and '99 SL2) this year. What
>>> on
>>> earth were they thinking. I know that there are several other cars that
>>> have this feature, but I need my speedometer just where it sits on my
>>> SL2
>>> cars. No wonder why their sales are down.
>>>
>>> gck

>>
>> You mean the Ion coupe, right? I do agree with your premise though.
>> After 30 years of looking for the speedometer and tachometer in one
>> place, I don't think I could ever get used to looking to the right to
>> see how fast I'm going. The Ion is definitely off my wish list until the
>> instrument pod goes back where it belongs.

>
>
>





All times are GMT. The time now is 10:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.